Melanie Froemke, MSSA, MSW, LGSWSupervisee in Social Work
Melanie is a Supervisee in Social Work at Alexandria Place Therapy. She received her undergraduate degree from the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York, and then pursued her Master’s of Science in Social Administration (MSSA/MSW) from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. She is a Licensed Graduate in Social Work in the District of Columbia and is currently working toward licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Melanie provides treatment to children and families, adolescents and adults managing issues of depression, anxiety, adjustment, suicidal ideation, self-harm, trauma and loss.
Melanie is certified in trauma-sensitive yoga, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), and has her trauma competency certification through the International Association of Trauma Professionals.
Melanie is a Supervisee in Social Work at Alexandria Place Therapy under the supervision of Nicole Jalazo Halpern, LCSW, RPT-S.
Melanie has experience providing individual and group therapy to treat issues of trauma, depression, anxiety, anger, adjustment and loss. Melanie has worked as a therapist utilizing expressive therapies, mindfulness, cognitive behavioral therapy, and strengths-based perspectives to work with clients whose lives are interfaced with issues of sexual abuse, family violence, loss, bereavement, depression, and anxiety.
As a yoga, mindfulness, and meditation instructor for many years, Melanie understands the distinct mind-body connection, and offers expressive therapies to meet each client. Through expressive arts, mindful movement, meditation, mindfulness, and evidence-based practices, Melanie establishes a distinct therapeutic connection and provides the space for healing and growth.
- Individual, Family and Group Therapy
- Professional Presentations
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Expressive Arts
- Play Therapy/Sandtray
- Yoga, Mindfulness, Breathwork
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Greater Washington Society for Clinical Social Work (GWSCSW)
- Virginia Society for Clinical Social Work (NASWVA)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- International Association of Trauma Therapists (IATT)
- International Association of Play Therapists (IAPT)
- Youth Mental Health First Aid, National Council for Behavioral Health. Taught at Marymount University, George Washington University, and private-institutions/courses upon request.
- Marymount University, Stress Management & Relaxation, 2018.
- Yoga & Meditation instructor, 2011- Present.