Megan Fiore, Psy.D., RPT-SLicensed Clinical Psychologist, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, Owner
Dr. Megan Fiore is a Commonwealth of Virginia Licensed Clinical Psychologist. She received her Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Siena College in Loudonville, NY. She holds a Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology from the University at Albany, State University of New York. Dr. Fiore graduated with a Doctorate of Psychology from James Madison University’s Combined-Integrated Clinical and School Psychology program. Dr. Fiore has worked in residential and outpatient programs in both New York and Virginia. She has had a wide variety of clinical experiences, working with children, adolescents, and adults and providing individual, group, couples, and family therapy. Dr. Fiore also serves as an adjunct professor at Johns Hopkins University, School of Education.
Megan has specialized training in both play and expressive therapies and is a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor (RPT-S).
Dr. Fiore has experience providing individual, group, couples, and family therapy, as well as psychological assessments. Presenting concerns addressed in treatment include complex trauma, depression, anxiety, anger, adjustment and loss. Dr. Fiore also conducts parent-child assessments and provides treatment to support healthy parent-child relationships.
- Extended Play-Based Developmental Assessment (EPBDA, Gil)
- Parent-child Assessments
- Psychological Assessments (Adults and Children)
- Professional presentations and clinical workshops
- Fiore, M., Budash, D. (October 2015). ABCs of Bibliotherapy: Play Therapy Techniques from A to Z! Presented at the annual Association for Play Therapy Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Fiore, M. (July 2011). Trauma and Healing: Nurturing Our Clients and Ourselves. Full-day workshop presented at Johns Hopkins University Play Therapy Summer Institute.
- Fiore, M. (October 2010 and January 2011). MIMBRS: Assessing Parent-Child Interactions. Two three-day workshops presented in Alexandria, VA to Alexandria Department of Community and Human Services.
- Fiore, M. (October 2009 and December 2009). Introduction to the MIMBRS: Assessing Parent-Child Interactions. Two day workshop presented in Fairfax, VA.
- Fiore, M., Stewart, A., Budash, D. (October 2008 and October 2009). In Harm’s Way: Supporting the Children of National Guard and Military Families Through Play.Presented at the annual Association for Play Therapy Conference, Atlanta, GA and Dallas, TX.
- Association for Play Therapy
- Virginia Association for Play Therapy
- American Psychological Association
- Adjunct Professor: Johns Hopkins University, 2010-2016. Child-Centered Play Therapy; Introduction to Play Therapy; Advanced Play Therapy Techniques; Special Topics in Play Therapy
- Adjunct Professor: James Madison University, 2005-2006. Taught two semesters of undergraduate General Psychology-101 (GPSY-101)
- Virginia Tech University, School of Social Work, Springfield, VA: Guest Lecturer – Family Play Therapy Techniques
- Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Social Work, Alexandria, VA: Guest Lecturer – Clinical Work with Families