Therapy is an endeavor toward a safer, healthier, more balanced way of being in the world. We are honored by the trust you put in us and always keep that at the forefront of our work with you and your families. We believe the goals of therapy can look very different, including symptom and behavioral resolution, family and relational repair and enhancement, insight-oriented exploration, aid and support in adjusting to life transitions, managing mood dysregulation and the processing of traumatic life events.
When working with children, we view behaviors as serving a purpose and believe they can be understood as a way of getting needs heard and met. Our goal is to understand the underlying struggles contributing to behavioral difficulties at home and/or school and to help find more adaptive ways of getting those needs met. We believe this that allows for a healthier and happier child/adolescent. In order to explain our work with our younger clients, we talk about how all of us experience big feelings and that part of our job is to help kids figure out what to do with those big feelings. We want children to begin to understand how to make space for these emotions in a way that allows them to feel less overwhelmed and more in control. We want kids to feel more comfortable and clear about their emotions as a part of who they are and their experiences, and to give them permission to experience these, in a healthy, adaptive way.
Alexandria Place Therapy clinicians have spent our careers working with children, adolescents, young adults and adults experiencing anxiety, depression, adjustment difficulties, trauma and loss. We bring experience, care and attention to individual needs to our work and aim to offer help in vulnerable times. We have had extensive training in play therapy, expressive therapies, and trauma treatment in addition to specialized training in EMDR, Theraplay ® techniques, and Parent-Child Relational Assessments.
We help families dealing with perinatal loss, infertility challenges, and perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. We assist families in dealing with health care crisis, both acute and chronic. We have experience in helping both individuals and families cope with loss and work through complex grief.
We aim to work with you, wherever you may be in your journey, to help you move toward relief and healing.
Services For Clients
- Individual Therapy for Children, Adolescents and Adults
- Family Therapy for Intact, Divorced or Blended Families
- Therapy for Preschool Age Children [read more]
- Child and Adolescent Therapy and Play Therapy [read more]
- Parent Child Relational Assessments [read more]
- Parent-Child work utilizing Theraplay ® techniques [read more]
- Extended Play Based Developmental Assessment (EPBDA, Gil)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) [read more]
- Group Therapy as Available
- Teletherapy [read more]
- Anxiety [read more]
- Depression [read more]
- Trauma [read more]
- Grief and Loss [read more]
- Relational Issues
- Family Struggles
- Personal Growth
- Parenting Skills and Support [read more]
- Attachment Work
- Perinatal Loss [read more]
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Medical Trauma
- Women’s Issues [read more]